Rex and Dotty Bridgford

Rex and Dotty Bridgford

Rex and Dotty Bridgford

Rex and Dotty Bridgford got their first taste of riding motor bikes in the 1950’s and havecontinued riding ever since. In 1962, they bought a used 1955 Zundapp K 600 and became members of the Blue River Motorcycle Club in Shelbyville, Indiana.

In 1967, Dotty became a member of the Motor Maids Inc., a national women’s riding club that was formed in 1940. She has attended 24 national conventions, traveling through more than 38 states. Dotty was also the Indiana State Director for a few years, and is a 29 year member of A.B.A.T.E. of Indiana.

In the late 1960’s and early 70’s, the pair owned a small Bridgford Harley Davidson dealership in Shelbyville, Indiana. In 1978, they opened a small repair shop out of town, which burnt down completely in 1993. A year later, a new building was built and the couple was joined by their son in 2000. Rex is a 36-year member of A.B.A.T.E. of Indiana, and the A.M.A. since 1962.